Position: Director of Operations
Duty station: Garowe – TPEC Headquarter
Reporting to: The Transitional Puntland Electoral Commission
Major Tasks and Responsibility:
1. Ensures project documents are complete, current, and filed appropriately;
2. Provide support to other section of TPEC namely: the Training Department, Civic Education, procurement, warehouse and others;
3. Compile reports and briefings submitted by the various TPEC departments and draft monthly and periodic progress reports;
4. Maintain close working relationship with Interpeace Project Management Team in Garowe
5. Support TPEC efforts to organize Local as well International Election Observers for the Puntland electoral process;
6. Support TPEC efforts to conduct monitoring and evaluation of project activities, including ensuring data is consistently collected, inputted, analyzed, and reported and that other activities are properly implemented;
7. Contribute to monthly, quarterly and annual reports;
8. Assist in the formulation of the TPEC’s overall strategies and policies including the development and implementation of the work plan for the Commission, develop procurement policies, HR rules and regulations, etc;
9. Perform other relevant duties as required by TPEC;
Qualifications and Work Experience Required:
University Degree in Business Administration, Economics, Social Science or related field.
At least 3 years of progressively responsible professional management experience is required.
Good IT skills with Excellent knowledge of Microsoft applications programmes.
Knowledge of Electoral process will be an advantage.
Team work spirit.
• Proficiency in oral and written English.
• Fluent Somali Language
The deadline for the submission of applications is 26 January, 2013. Applicants should send their CVs with a cover letter to the following e-mail: email@example.com or deliver it to the TPEC Headquarters in a sealed envelope. Please indicate that you are applying for the post of: “Director of Operations”.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NB: The short listed candidates will be required to bring original copy of their certificates and supporting documents.