Date: 9 January 2013
Terms of Reference
Position: Human Resources Manager
Duty station: Garowe – TPEC Headquarters
Reporting to: The Transitional Puntland Electoral Commission
Major Tasks and Responsibility:
1. Support development of an effective human resources policies and procedure for the Transitional Puntland Electoral Commission;
2. Prepare the work plan for the human resources department;
3. Responsible for the smooth functioning of the TPEC human resources department;
4. Assist in developing Terms of Reference for the election staff;
5. Support the development of relevant and well defined criteria for the selection of the most qualified and balanced personnel;
6. Serve as a secretary to the Recruitment Panel and keep record of all proceedings of the panel;
7. Maintain an up to date database of the election staff both in electronic and hard copy format;
8. Ensure that all election staff have valid contracts indicating date of start and the end of the contract;
9. Supervise the work of the human resources department;
10. Monitor the progress of the staffing of the key positions;
11. Prepare periodic report of the activities of the election offices in the regions and districts;
12. Periodic Performance evaluation of Regional and District election officers
Qualification & Experience
University Degree in Business Administration with specialized training in all aspects of HR Management.
At least 5 years’ experience in managerial position;
A strong commitment to being a team member;
Demonstrated ability to deal with time pressure;
Excellent communication and report writing skills;
Functional competencies required: successful negotiator, active learner, strong leadership;
Excellent written and spoken Somali and English languages.
Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
The deadline for the submission of applications is 26 January, 2013. Applicants should send their CVs with a cover letter to the following e-mail: email@example.com or deliver it to the TPEC Headquarters in a sealed envelope. Please indicate that you are applying for the post of: “Human Resources Manager”. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NB: The short listed candidates will be required to bring original copy of their certificates and supporting documents.