The Perfect Homemade Chicken Pot Pie
Chicken pot pie is a quintessential comfort food that can be enjoyed by the whole family. Its flavorful dish consists of a creamy chicken filling sealed inside a flaky pastry crust and served up with a side of vegetables. And while store-bought versions of this classic are usually filled with preservatives and other unhealthy ingredients, here’s a recipe that puts a twist on this classic dish. It features all-natural ingredients, like vegetables and white wine, making it a healthier alternative. Plus, since its crust is homemade, you can customize how you want the end product to look! Using this recipe, you can make the perfect chicken pot pie in the comfort of your own home.
For the pot pie filling:
– 2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
– 1 tablespoon olive oil
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 1 small onion, diced
– 2 cups sliced mushrooms
– 2 cups broccoli florets
– 2 tablespoons white wine
– 2 tablespoons butter, melted
– 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
– 2 cups chicken stock
– 1/2 cup half and half
– 1 teaspoon kosher salt
– 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
For the pot pie crust:
– 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
– 1 teaspoon kosher salt
– 1 cup (2 sticks) cold unsalted butter, cubed
– 1 extra-large egg, lightly beaten
– 5-7 tablespoons cold water
1. Preheat your oven to 400°F and lightly butter a 9-inch pie plate.
2. For the filling: Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and onion and sauté for 1 minute. Add the mushrooms and broccoli and cook for 3 minutes, stirring often. Add the white wine and cook for another 2 minutes. Add the melted butter and stir to combine. Sprinkle the flour over the vegetables and stir to coat. Slowly add the chicken stock, stirring constantly, until the mixture becomes thick and creamy. Reduce the heat to low, add the cream and stir to combine. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Remove from the heat and stir in the shredded chicken. Set aside.
3. For the crust: In a large bowl, whisk together the flour and salt. Using a pastry blender, cut in the cold butter until the mixture resembles coarse meal. Add the egg and 5 tablespoons of the water and mix until the dough comes together. If the dough seems dry, add the additional 2 tablespoons of water. Divide the dough in half, shape it into two discs, wrap it in plastic wrap, and chill for at least 30 minutes.
4. On a lightly floured surface, roll out one disc of dough until it is large enough to cover the bottom and sides of the pie plate. Place the dough in the pie plate and crimp the edges. Pour the filling into the crust and spread it evenly. Roll out the second disc of dough and place it on top of the pie. Crimp the edges to seal. Cut several steam vents in the center of the pie.
5. Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the filling is bubbling. Let cool for 15 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Q: Can I use store-bought pie crust for this chicken pot pie recipe?
A: Yes, you can! Store-bought pie crust is a great time-saver for this recipe and it works just as well. Just make sure to follow the instructions on the package for pre-baking.
Q: Can I freeze this chicken pot pie?
A: Yes, you can. This recipe stores well in the freezer for up to 3 months. Just make sure to wrap it tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil before freezing. When you’re ready to enjoy it, just thaw it overnight in the refrigerator and then bake it as directed.
If you are looking for Chicken Broccoli Mushroom Pot Pie (with white wine sauce) | Recipes you’ve visit to the right web. We have 5 Pics about Chicken Broccoli Mushroom Pot Pie (with white wine sauce) | Recipes like Kiss the cook: Marie Callender's Chicken Pot Pie and also #NutritionHealthAndWellness | Pot pies recipes, Homemade chicken pot. Here you go:
Chicken Broccoli Mushroom Pot Pie (with White Wine Sauce) | Recipes
Don’t forget to check out The chance to transformAn expert chef comfortable with Recipe products from Clickbank! Offering an extensive range of of delicious recipes ready to be tested, you will never run out of ideas for new and tasty dishes. Get Clickbank’s recipe product now by clicking the button below and enjoy the sensation of cooking easily and fun!
Marie Callender's Chicken Pot Pie (16 Oz) – Instacart
Don’t overlook The opening to transformA talented cook at home with Cooking products from Clickbank! With hundreds of delicious recipes Offered for experimented, you will never run out of ideas for new and tasty dishes. Get Clickbank’s recipe product now by clicking the button below and enjoy the sensation of cooking easily and fun!
#NutritionHealthAndWellness | Pot Pies Recipes, Homemade Chicken Pot
Do not overlook The chance to transformA talented cook at home with Recipe products from Clickbank! Offering an extensive range of A multitude of mouth-watering dishes ready to be tested, You will never be out of inspiration for novel and tasty recipes thanks to these recipe collections. Get Clickbank’s recipe item today by clicking the link below and experience the delight of cooking easily and enjoying yourself!
Kiss The Cook: Marie Callender's Chicken Pot Pie
Don’t forget to check out The possibility to develop intoA talented cook confident with Cooking products from Clickbank! With hundreds of delicious recipes Prepared to be sampled, You won’t ever be out of suggestions for fresh and mouthwatering recipes thanks to the recipe products. Get Clickbank’s recipe product now by clicking the button below and enjoy the sensation of cooking easily and fun!
Chicken Pot Pie Recipes – CDKitchen
Do not overlook The opening to transformAn expert chef confident with Food products from Clickbank! Offering an extensive range of of delicious recipes Prepared for sampled, you will never run out of ideas for new and tasty dishes. Get Clickbank’s recipe product now by clicking the button below and enjoy the sensation of cooking easily and fun!